Friday 28 October 2016

Continuous Glucose Monitoring

I know

Continous Glucose Monitoring is not cheap at all, it is really expensive in my opinion however with the problems that I have been having of late I am seriously considering starting on CGM.

For me personally I would use a Medtronic Sensor as I have a Medtronic Insulin Pump and I feel I would have plenty of support from Medtronic. Yesterday I was set up on a trial sensor, it is the Enlite Sensor from Medtronic and I have zero complaints so far. The Representative from Medtronic inserted the Sensor with the one press serter and it didn't really hurt so that is a bonus.

One thing I am enjoying is seeing the graph on my insulin pump, seeing what my blood glucose levels are up to. I have only had the Sensor in for more than a day but I feel it is something I could get used to. The biggest concern I have is the cost of the Sensors and I can only hope my Private Health Insurer will help me cover the cost. Of course my Private Health Insurer will need a letter from my Endocrinologist. 

I also like the fact that the Enlite Sensor is Waterproof, so I can shower/bathe comfortably. I really can not find a fault with this Sensor, I only wish that I could justify the cost. Sensors are not covered by Private Health Insurance, The National Diabetes Services Scheme or the Government.

So far I have positive things to say regarding my trial sensor and if anyone out there is considering going on a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System please and always consult your Endocrinologist to see if it is the right decision for you.

I will leave it here tonight, I do realise this is a short post however I did want to talk about my trail sensor and my feelings about CGM.

I hope you all have a great weekend,

Until next time

Jenna 

No comments:

Post a Comment